Greetings all! We paused the press last week on our Fusion Open Source Community (FOSC) updates to make room for the exciting news regarding Fusion’s DCRM open-source release, but we’re back this week with a double-issue roundup. In this update:
- The FOSC is now up to 632 applications (from 486 two weeks ago).
- 3 of the 7 released bounties have been completed.
- Development updates from the various FOSC teams.
- New community bounty released (week of 11/25th) — can we say “hardware”?
- Cooperation with BTCU, a huge network of leading colleges in China focused on blockchain technologies.
FOSC Growth Rewards
As of today, the open source community has awarded a total of 393 applications with a total of 971,698 FSN (time locked for three months). Remember, you must pass our application requirements to earn the reward. The most common reason for reward rejection is because applicants did not complete the last step: Join the github.com/fsn-dev community and set up as a public member. If you have any questions, please ask for admin help in our Telegram (for regions ex-Asia), or WeChat channel (FOSC开源社区).
The reward distribution completed on December 2 is as follows: 77 people for a total of 141,000 FSN (front end time-locked for 3 months). This compares with distribution week of November 25th of 11 people for a total of 22,100 FSN (front end time-locked for 3 months).
Let’s get on to the breakdown.
We are always looking for more talent and reward referrals. Generate your exclusive referral at https://fsn.dev/group/?invite=github.
Fusion Foundation Bounties
Community logo design
We certainly got a good representation of the diverse viewpoints that is our community, with 36 logos submitted. Due to the large number of entries, Fusion screened the submissions, and the vote ran for the week of 11/25th. Voting is now closed and we are tallying the results. Stay tune for updates!
- Github: https://github.com/fsn-dev/fsn-go-sdk
- Participant: @Cross-Chain, @KenianShi
- Update: Developed online query service.
- Github: https://github.com/huhaichao/fsnj-sdk/
- Participant: @huhaichao
- Update: Started serialization and deserialization test, completed asset-related SDK packaging
- Github: https://github.com/FUSIONFoundation/web3fsnpy
- Participant: Marcel Cure
- Update: Development in progress!
Mobile Wallet Development
Update: The tricky custom keyboard has been integrated so we can create the styles as shared in the design screens. Sign-up, Username Recovery, Portfolio, and Send front-end screens first round build completed. Back-end end points for username creation design completed. We also completed 10 user interviews on the wallet design, which will be very helpful for us to refine our terminology and wallet layout.
The multicurrency wallet shared in our 11/19th update has officially adopted the name “SMPC Wallet”. As mentioned in our last article, the wallet utilizes DCRM to create a 2/3 threshold scheme to manage access and security. The team has made great progress and serve as a beacon of what DCRM TSS is capable of.
Safe & Resilient
Due to the use of a 2/3 threshold, the private key shard hosted on the platform will never have full control of the user’s assets without the user also logging in and sharing their key shard.
When combined with 2 factor authentication, an additional “recovery” shard stored by the user ensures that the loss of hot wallet private key shards (e.g, if mobile phone is lost) will not cause asset loss
Ease of use
Biometrics can be paired with the hot wallet key shard on the mobile device, dramatically lowering the barrier of adoption and making this crypto wallet behave like a “mainstream” application.
- Initialization: During the initialization process, two private key fragments are generated by the user, and one private key fragment is generated and hosted by the platform.
- Daily use: The operation signature of the asset is completed by the hot wallet private key fragment 1 and the escrow platform’s private key fragment 3.
- Disaster Recovery: When the hot wallet private key shard is lost or damaged, users can use the offline backup private key shard 2 in tandem with the escrow platform to recover assets. If the hosting platform fails, users can still use the hot wallet private key fragment 1 and offline backup private key fragment 2 to ensure the user’s control of the asset.
Update: UI design has been completed and some functional development has begun. With the private key part of the escrow, transactions are successfully completed.
Subject: Time Lock Use Cases
- Participant: @Katesroad
Subject: Explanation of Time Locks
- Participant: @Yiixun
FOSC website development
Participants: @linzhishuai, @chuanzonggit, Shumu Haque
Ragawa continues leading the group and slaying tasks left and right, like Starship Troopers marines slaying bugs (or was it the reverse?).
- Features completed: Technical Article Module: Completed the technical article display, technical article management and other functions; Forum Module
- Under Development: a) document modules b) design of Task module,
- Features in backlog: a) User Module, Multi-language support.
One can never get enough block explorers! Not only do they provide exciting views to the transactions, Qbert will never get lost again.
- Participants: @nycat, @vistwang and @chain_green
- Update: Back-end to database synchronization in progress, with blocks/transactions/syncInfo receiving data. Next week team will start working on the staking API.
- Github: https://github.com/katesroad/fsnscanbackend
New Fusion Bounty
Hardware Wallet: Ledger/Trezor
Does the mention of hardware wallets have you feeling flames? Well, flame no more.
Total Reward Pool
100,000 FSN (front-end time lock one year)
Disclaimer: Scaled according to the number of registrations and the quality of completion.
1. Make Ledger natively support FSN main network currency transactions
2. Enable Trezor to support FSN main network currency transactions.
3. Task Launch: November 25, 2019
4. Submission Deadline: January 25, 2020
5. Review Deadline: February 10, 2020
6. Copyright: open source
Collaboration with Academia Network BTCU
What is BTCU?
BTCU is a collaboration and innovation community made up of more than 30 top Chinese universities including Tsinghua University, Peking University, Zhejiang University, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Fudan University, Renmin University of China, Central University of Finance and Economics, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Wuhan University, Sichuan University, Shenzhen University, etc. The heads of the Blockchain Association co-sponsored the establishment of this blockchain learning and communication platform between universities. The intention is to form a cooperative community of blockchain technology learning, education and industrial exchange between universities, which belongs to a non-profit, unofficial, unincorporated, spontaneous joint exchange community.
The BTCU WeChat community has 1,500+ unique members and has access through various college associations to an additional 4,000+ members.
Cooperation with Fusion
We have reached in-depth cooperation to jointly build an open-source community. We will also hold offline events and online AMAs from time to time in major universities to popularize the blockchain concept and technology for more people. Getting our technology into the minds and hands of those shaping the future is a critical piece to drive adoption.